At Castle Hill High School we welcome our duties under the Equality Act 2010.
The school’s general duties, with regards to equality are:
- Eliminating discrimination.
- Fostering good relationships.
- Advancing equality of opportunity.
We will not discriminate against, harass or victimise any student, prospective student, member of staff or other member of the school community because of their:
- Gender reassignment
- Marriage and civil partnership
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Religion or belief
- Sexual orientation
Castle Hill High School aims to promote students’ spiritual, moral, social, and cultural development, with special emphasis on promoting equality, diversity and eradicating prejudicial incidents for pupils and staff. Our school is committed to not only eliminating discrimination, but also increasing understanding and appreciation for diversity.
Castle Hill High School recognises that certain groups in society have historically been disadvantaged on account of unlawful discrimination they have faced on the basis of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Our Equality Policy outlines a range of actions to eliminate prejudice, unlawful discrimination and victimisation within the school community and workforce.
Equality Objectives 2022-23
Whilst continuously aiming to improve the implementation of equality related policies and procedures, Castle Hill High School has identified the following specific objectives for the school year 2022-23:
- Identify any gaps in learning (whole school, subject specific, year group and individual pupils) resulting from to Covid issues and prioritise recovery.
- Analyse behaviour data re. representation of specific groups (protected characteristics)
- Ensure all staff are aware of the anti-racism and LGBTQ+ agenda
- Audit involvement of ethnic minority pupils in ‘whole school life’ (Eg after-school clubs, residentials) and if necessary develop strategies to address issues that are identified.
- Audit whole school curriculum to ensure it is promoting positive images of the protected characteristics
- Review provision for pupils with physical disabilities and mobility issues and ensure that curriculum and wider school experience is fully accessible