- About Us
- Altius Alliance Training School
- British Values & Prevent Duty
- Code of Conduct
- Equality Duty
- For Ofsted Inspector
- Governing Body
- Policies for review
- Pupil Premium
- Quality Awards
- Quality Statements
- School Day
- School Development Plan
- SEND Information Report
- Snow and bad weather
- Staff list
- Staff Vacancies
- Term dates 2017-18
Code of Conduct
The 3 R’s: Respect; Responsibility; Rights
Students are expected to behave as responsible members of the school community and abide by a simple code of conduct. Parents and students are expected to support the school in the implementation of the code.
Students are expected:
- to show respect and consideration at all times.
- to respect the school environment.
- to behave in a reasonable manner both in and out of school,
- to take responsibility for their own actions.
- to respect the rights of the school community.
Students and parents are asked to sign the Home School Agreement which outlines the behaviours expected.
All reported incidents of bullying are dealt with promptly by staff in an attempt to eliminate it altogether. If your child appears to be distressed by the actions of other children, please let us know. Where a child persists in bullying or indulges in serious misconduct more formal disciplinary procedures may be introduced. These can result in exclusion.
We use the following sanctions prior to any exclusion.
- extra work being set for breaktimes and lunchtimes;
- detention of various lengths;
- students being placed on report;
- verbal warnings from senior staff;
- notification of behaviour to parents/carers;
- internal exclusion;
- behaviour report reward card;
Exclusion (Fixed Term)
When the behaviour of a child attracts exclusion, parents / carers have clear responsibilities. For exclusions up to and including five days, a student is required to be supervised directly by his/her parents or carers. An unsupervised child found in a public place in this period leaves parents/carers liable to a fine through a fixed penalty notice. When a child is excluded for six days or more, Castle Hill will make provision for fulltime education. However, this will not be at Castle Hill but at another school or educational setting where the child will be taught by qualified staff.